Kellogg Community College will showcase the talents of several of the College’s accomplished music faculty at its 15th annual Music at KCC Faculty Recital Series event this month on campus in Battle Creek.
The recital will begin at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 27, in the auditorium of the Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center, on campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek. The event is free and open to the public.
Performers, all of whom are members of the music faculty at KCC, include:
- Carmen Bell, soprano, with accompanist Paula Harris
- Dr. Gerald Case-Blanchard, baritone, with accompanist Nancy D. Brown
- Betty Picard, soprano
- Dr. Mark Wells, performing solo and as part of a piano duo with Brown
Faculty artists will perform more than a dozen works demonstrating the caliber of instruction available across multiple musical disciplines at KCC. Selections from the program include:
- “Sonata for Two Pianos,” by W.A. Mozart
- “Prelude” and “Fugue No. 24 in B Minor,” by J.S. Bach
- “It Is Well With My Soul,” arranged by Cynthia Garn
- “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” by J. Rosamond Johnson, arranged by Cynthia Garn
- “Let There Be Peace on Earth,” by Sy Miller and Jill Jackson
- “O Mistress Mine,” by Roger Quilter
- “Dover Beach,” by Samuel Barber
- “Walk Together, Children,” arranged by Moses Hogan
- “Summertime” (from the opera “Porgy and Bess”), by George Gershwin
- “When I Am Laid in Earth” (from the opera “Dido and Aeneas”), by Henry Purcell
- “Lord, How Come Me Here?” a traditional spiritual
- “I Believe,” by Dave Ragland
- “O Mio Babbino Caro,” by Puccini
In addition to offering five choral opportunities, two theatrical ensembles and two instrumental ensembles, KCC offers student and community members individualized music lessons in voice and instrumental music, monthly master classes, guest artist recital series and events, student and faculty recitals, small instrumental ensembles and other special events every year. Additionally, all KCC students have the opportunity to take private music lessons in any number of instruments, including voice studies and conducting.
For more information about the KCC Faculty Artist Recital or about studying music at KCC, contact Dr. Gerald Case-Blanchard at 269-965-3931 ext. 2566 or email email@example.com. For more information about music faculty at KCC, including those performing at the upcoming recital, visit kellogg.edu/music-faculty.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.