PTA Q&A: PTA student and women’s soccer player Lillian Fulcher

PTA student Lillian Fulcher holds an exercise ball while posing in the PTA Lab.

Kellogg Community College Physical Therapist Assistant student and women’s basketball and soccer player Lillian Fulcher, 20, of Paw Paw, graduated from Paw Paw High School in 2021. Below she answers some questions about why she chose the PTA Program at KCC.

Why did you choose to study PTA?

I chose to study PTA because I have always been very interested in sports and had to go to PTA for my Osgood-Schlatter so that I could continue to play sports.

Why did you choose to study PTA specifically at KCC?

I chose KCC because it was close to my hometown and was the program that many PTAs that I talked to recommended for me.

What’s your favorite part of the KCC PTA Program and why?

I like how hands-on this program is because that is the way I learn the best. I also like how small the class size is. It allows you to be able to get to know your classmates and do better because you have study buddies.

What’s the most interesting thing you’ve learned in the PTA Program at KCC?

The most interesting thing that I have learned is how to apply different modularities such as heat and ice and when is the best time to apply these treatments.

What is your goal after you graduate from KCC? What do you hope to do for a career?

After KCC I plan on attending Western Michigan University to get my bachelor’s degree. Then go on to either get my doctorate of physical therapy or athletic training.

What advice do you have for current or future KCC PTA students?

Make sure you stay on top of all your homework and study ahead.

Physical Therapist Assistant Program applications are due April 4! See details at kellogg.edu/pta-admissions.