Kellogg Community College is looking to hire current students as Student Ambassadors to work with staff in the College’s Admissions office to assist with various tasks and outreach activities designed to promote KCC to prospective students.
The Admissions office is looking to hire students who are friendly, energetic, approachable and hard-working problem-solvers who possess strong communication, customer service and organizational skills. Successful candidates also must be able to work effectively as part of a team and must enjoy working with people, as most of their time will be spend working with future KCC students.
The position will begin in mid-May and run through August, with the potential for opportunities to continue working into the fall semester. Qualified applicants must be enrolled in at least one course at KCC during the Summer 2016 semester and:
- Exhibit strong interpersonal communication skills
- Be able to represent KCC in a positive and professional manner
- Exhibit the ability to solve problems and remain flexible under pressure
- Be willing to work behind the scenes to ensure the success of Admissions events
- Be willing to connect with new and prospective students via telephone
Student Ambassador responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with new and prospective students, parents and community members via phone, email and live chat
- Facilitating group and individual campus tours
- Sharing personal experiences as a KCC student and offering a student perspective on the enrollment process
- Assisting new students in the Hub with the enrollment/registration process
- Assisting Admissions staff with preparation, setup and facilitation of Admissions events
- Working collaboratively with other Student Ambassadors, KCC staff and faculty
Individuals interested in applying for a Student Ambassador position with KCC’s Admissions office should submit their resumes to Roderick Simmons, manager of Recruitment and Student Outreach, at email@example.com.
For more information about the position, contact Simmons via the email address above or by phone at 269-565-2621.