Portage Central baseball’s all-time wins leader signs with KCC

An MLive.com profile of Portage Central pitcher Logan Templeton posted on the site late this morning highlights the signing of the school’s all-time wins record holder to play baseball at Kellogg Community College.

According to the MLive article, written by sports reporter Scott DeCamp, Templeton is 8-1 for the season with a 1.45 earned-run average, with 61 strikeouts and 10 walks in 48.1 innings pitched.

While Templeton will be new to the Bruins, he won’t be a complete stranger. According to the MLive article, Templeton plans to live with former Portage Central teammate Bryan Stevens, a returning Bruins pitcher. Former Portage Central shortstop Caleb Meulman also plays for the Bruins.

“One of the reasons I chose Kellogg was not only because they’ve gotten a lot of pitchers out (to four-year schools), but I have a few friends that play over on the team,” DeCamp quotes Templeton as saying in the post. “After going on my visit and talking to coach (Eric) Laskovy, I trusted him a lot. And after talking to Bryan Stevens, he wanted me over there and I had a place to live.”

Click here to read the full article on MLive.com.

For more information about the baseball program at Kellogg Community College, visit www.kellogg.edu/athletics/baseball/index.html.

For photos of the Kellogg Community College baseball team in action, visit the college’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/KelloggCommunityCollege/photos.