Happy Halloween! The Bruin pumpkin pictured above was carved by student Thomas Weaver for Kellogg Community College President Dr. Dennis Bona. Make sure and stop by the Tech Club’s pumpkin carving table today between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and get a pumpkin carved for yourself (see details below).
Here are some reminders of other things going on today and tomorrow related to KCC.
Scheduled for today:
- Today only, the Bruin Bookstore is offering 20 percent off the cost of all in-stock Skullcandy headphones. Click here for more information from the bookstore’s Facebook page. The bookstore is also holding a drawing for Battle Creek Jr. Revolution hockey tickets, which you can enter free at the bookstore until noon Nov. 2.
- Registration for Spring 2013 classes continues after beginning this Monday. For a list of available classes, visit www.kellogg.edu/schedule/classlistingSP.asp.
- Kampus Trick or Treat also continues on Kellogg Community College’s North Avenue campus. Free candy will be available to students at the desks in rooms 108 and 109 of the Ohm Information Technology Center and at the customer services windows.
- As noted in the introduction to this post, also continuing today is the Kellogg Community College Tech Club’s pumpkin carving fundraiser on the College’s North Avenue campus. The Tech Club’s annual carved pumpkin sale will be located across from the customer service windows, next to the security station, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily through today. Individuals can select a pre-carved jack-o’-lantern ($7) or have a pumpkin custom carved by one of the Tech Club members on the spot ($9). Click here for more information from a post on this blog.
- The Kellogg Community College Art League will meet as it does each Wednesday at noon in room D219 of the Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center on KCC’s North Avenue campus. Click here for more information from a post on this blog.
Scheduled for tomorrow:
- Patrick Casey, director of Career and Employment Services at Kellogg Community College, will present a free Academic Workshop titled “Job Interviewing” from 2 to 3 p.m. in the Spring Lake Room of the Morris Learning Resource Center on KCC’s North Avenue campus. Click here for more information about this and future Academic Workshops at the college (the link will take you to a PDF including workshop descriptions).