Kellogg Community College is making its ArtPrize debut in this year’s competition with a collaborative sculptural work created as part of art instructor Vicki VanAmeyden’s ART 295: Museum Field Study course held this summer.
You can read about the group’s installation, titled “Didactic Revolvers,” on this blog at daily.kellogg.edu/2013/09/10/kcc-makes-artprize-debut-with-didactic-revolvers or visit their ArtPrize page at www.artprize.org/kcc-artcorps/2013/didactic-revolvers.
The ArtPrize competition officially opens at noon today, and with the winners decided by public vote it’s important for you to vote for your favorites if you want to seem them advance in the competition.
So how do you vote for an ArtPrize entry? Here are the steps:
1. Register for an ArtPrize account. You can do so online at www.artprize.org/members/signup or via the official ArtPrize app for the iOS (iPhone, etc.) or Android operating systems. Registration is free; all you need is a valid email address.
2. Check in at a qualified ArtPrize location. You can do this in person at any one of the several ArtPrize voting sites (scroll down a little on the page through the link for a list of voting sites) with a government-issued photo ID or via the ArtPrize mobile app. For the latter, simply open the app anywhere within the ArtPrize district in Grand Rapids and click yes when asked if you’d like to check in.
3. Vote! Once registered and checked in, you can vote for an ArtPrize entry in one of three ways:
- Vote online: Sign in to your account at www.artprize.org, find the page for the art you want to vote for and click the thumbs-up icon beside the entry to cast your vote.
- Vote via text message: Text the Vote Code of the entry you want to vote for to 808080. In order to vote by text messaging, you must add your mobile phone number to your artprize.org account and follow the setup instructions in the confirmation text message.
- Vote via the official ArtPrize mobile app: Download the official ArtPrize mobile app (see links in step one) to your mobile device and you can vote from there, as well.
If you would like to vote for KCC’s ArtPrize entry, “Didactic Revolvers,” use the Vote Code 55567.
For more information about how to vote during ArtPrize, visit www.artprize.org/visit/visitors/details/#visitor-how-to-vote.