Kellogg Community College is seeking applicants for a Forklift Training Program starting in January, offered at no cost for Battle Creek residents who meet income guidelines.
The training program, offered through KCC’s Innovative Accelerated Credentialed Training (iACT) initiative, will run from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays from Jan. 23 through Feb. 23 at KCC’s Regional Manufacturing Technology Center (RMTC) campus, located at 405 Hill Brady Road in Battle Creek.
KCC’s Forklift Training Program will provide students with the knowledge and safety standards required to operate a forklift without risk of injury or damage to company property.
The program training includes:
- Workplace essential courses and technical training in manufacturing
- Career coaches to help with goal setting, academic advising, barrier removal and job placement
- Financial literacy training
- Built-in work-based learning activities
Students can also earn the following industry-recognized credentials through their coursework:
- The WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate
- OSHA Lockout/Tagout Certification
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry
- Forklift Certification
Deadlines and Eligibility
Individuals interested in participating in the Forklift Training Program offered via KCC’s iACT initiative must contact KCC at 269-565-2828 or complete the information form online at kellogg.edu/iact by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 30. Interested individuals are encouraged to sign up soon, as spaces are limited and fill up quickly.
The program is open at no cost to Battle Creek residents who meet income guidelines. Participants must be at least 18 years of age, provide a high school transcript or GED, complete the Accuplacer Next Generation test, and be available to attend the training for extended hours daily for the duration of the program.
In-person information sessions are scheduled at the RMTC for anyone interested in learning more about the program. Interested individuals should plan on attending one of following sessions:
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, sessions will begin at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 16, sessions will begin at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 17, sessions will begin at 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 22, sessions will begin at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 29, sessions will begin at 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30, sessions will begin at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Interested individuals must RSVP in advance by contacting Jacquez Warren at 269-967-4859 or email@example.com to reserve their space.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.