PTA Q&A: PTA student and women’s soccer player Chloe Leugers

PTA student Chloe Leugers poses with crutches in the PTA Lab.

Kellogg Community College Physical Therapist Assistant student and women’s soccer player Chloe Leugers, 20, of Marshall, graduated from Marshall High School in 2020. Below she answers some questions about why she chose the PTA Program at KCC.

Why did you choose to study PTA?

I choose to go into PTA school because I really enjoy a hands-on career and I like seeing patients improve and be able to do the things they love. I received physical therapy many times and I like how it made me feel once I left and felt healthy, and I cannot wait to help others one day.

Why did you choose to study PTA specifically at KCC?

I knew I wanted to go to a community college after experiencing a year at a four-year university and KCC was close to home, and I even got the opportunity to play soccer here and it was a no-brainer for me.

What’s your favorite part of the KCC PTA Program and why?

The new people and information I have learned in the past semester and a half. The program gives you new friends and people to meet and know and help each other learn.

What’s the most interesting thing you’ve learned in the PTA Program at KCC?

The most interesting thing I have learned from the program is how to properly use crutches and how to teach someone else to use them and to progress them to eventually no crutches.

What is your goal after you graduate from KCC? What do you hope to do for a career?

My goal is to graduate KCC and take the national exam and become a PTA, and I hope to get a job near Kalamazoo and work as a physical therapist assistant.

What advice do you have for current or future KCC PTA students?

There is nothing easy about getting a degree, but be willing to change habits and adapt and work for it. You may fail sometimes and that’s OK. Learning to get up from that fail is how you’ll succeed.

Anything else you’d like to say?

KCC has provided me so many opportunities to meet new friends and KCC is an amazing environment.

Physical Therapist Assistant Program applications are due April 4! See details at kellogg.edu/pta-admissions.