Kellogg Community College is seeking applicants for a Nursing Assistant Training Program starting in October, offered at no cost for Battle Creek residents who meet income guidelines.
The training program, offered through KCC’s Innovative Accelerated Credentialed Training (iACT) initiative, will run from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays from Oct. 31 through Dec. 15 on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek.
KCC’s Nursing Assistant Training Program prepares students to take the Michigan Nursing Assistant Test to become Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs). Students also receive AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider and AHA Heart Saver First Aid training, as well as workplace essential courses in demand with area employers.
The program training includes:
- Workplace essential courses and technical training in health care
- Career coaches to help with goal setting, academic advising, barrier removal and job placement
- Financial literacy training
- Built-in work-based learning activities
- Exposure to health care programs and careers
- Industry recognized credentials
- Preparation for the state’s Nursing Assistant Test
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider training
- AHA Heart Saver First Aid training
Students can also earn the following credentials through their coursework:
- The WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
- AHA Heart Saver First Aid Certification
Deadlines and Eligibility
Individuals interested in participating in the Nursing Assistant Training Program offered via KCC’s iACT initiative must contact KCC at 269-565-2828 or complete the information form online at kellogg.edu/iact by 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 3. Interested individuals are encouraged to sign up soon, as spaces are limited and fill up quickly.
The program is open at no cost to Battle Creek residents who meet income guidelines. Participants must be at least 18 years of age, provide a high school transcript or GED, complete the Accuplacer Next Generation test, and have the ability to attend the training for extended hours daily for the duration of the program. A criminal history background check will be run prior to the start date.
Information sessions for individuals interested in learning more about the program will be offered from 10 a.m. to noon, 1 to 3 p.m. and 3 to 5 p.m. on the following dates at KCC’s Regional Manufacturing Technology Center campus, located at 405 Hill Brady Road in Battle Creek:
- Tuesday, Sept. 13
- Thursday, Sept. 15
- Tuesday, Sept. 20
- Thursday, Sept. 22
Evening information sessions will be offered from 5 to 7 p.m. at the RMTC on the following dates:
- Wednesday, Sept. 14
- Wednesday, Sept. 21
Call 269-565-2828 or email Jacquez Warren at email@example.com to sign up for a session that best fits your schedule.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.